Tell Me About Yourself!

In an effort to be more intentional with my time and with this tiny corner of the internet, I am working through this blog planning kit (thanks for the tip, Whitney Conard!).

Blog Planning Kit

So, I need your help! I really want to get to know you – what you love, what you fear, what energizes you and what demoralizes you. Unfortunately, these five questions will only get us started.

If you’re a regular reader on this space, will you take this short survey? And then maybe you could pretty please leave a comment telling me ALLLLLL your heart desires? And that you don’t mind others reading? And that I could read through before next week?

I’ll be asking similar questions on Insta today, so feel free to find me there as well.

Thanks in advance! Can’t wait to hear from you!!

I want to get to know you!

How old are you? {Because THAT’S the perfect question to start with…}

Comments

comments

What is your main job?

Comments

comments

What topic are you most drawn to read about regularly?

Comments

comments

Which of these statements do you identify with most?

Comments

comments

Where do you follow blog links from most often?

Comments

comments

Thanks for taking the time to tell me about yourself! If there is something more you could tell me that would help me plan for better posts tailored to you, come back and leave a comment. Your name and email address are optional, but don’t forget to click submit!

Comments

comments

« Back Next »

Becky Boone VassarMay 30, 2014 - 12:09 pm

This one is tough. Spirituality, motherhood and marriage could all be answers for me. I guess I read more about marriage in my alone time, and like to focus on the others together with Mike.

Sunshine RobbinsMay 30, 2014 - 12:13 pm

I love stories about how people met, fell in love, were asked to be married, and even stories just about the journey. Stories about daily living and struggles, as well as, living in the light are always welcomed reads. If you write it, I will read it. Love you, dear friend!

Becky Boone VassarMay 30, 2014 - 12:17 pm

So much I could write here…… I love life! I am incredibly blessed with four amazing kids ages 6 to 24, and the most amazing husband I could ever imagine. I want to live life to its fullest. I want to have the courage to walk boldly down the path that God has put me on. I sometimes struggle with this, wondering why He would choose me. There must be someone that could do it better, but I will try. I know I am only the vessel, but it takes daily reminders to myself to accept this.

Alicia HassmanMay 30, 2014 - 12:19 pm

Beautician/nail girl…LOVE my job-my clients rock! Everyday is an adventure; ) #underpaidcounselor lol

Alicia HassmanMay 30, 2014 - 12:22 pm

I want to be the best wife/mom…have a closer walk with God…never fear and always be “ready” when that God moment comes daily

Jill Reed SpryMay 30, 2014 - 12:33 pm

I do have a professional career, but I didn’t start that way. The only thing I ever remember wanting to be in life is a mother…sor fortunately, I got to do that! I grew into my career, it found me. I am a recruiter. I have the opportunity to meet and connect with the most interesting people. I offer them a career where they can make a difference in the lives of others. When the person fits the role and the role fits them, it is a beautiful thing. But I kiss a lot of toads, and have some great stories.

Jill Reed SpryMay 30, 2014 - 12:37 pm

I’d really like it if you had an “all of the above” option. I’m not sure I care what topic you write about, in fact I like variety. It’s the way you write that draws me in. I love your authenticity! Tell it raw and real girl, and I’ll read it. I told someone the other day, that there are times when I feel like God isn’t listening to me, so I just quit talking to Him. Lot of good that did me, huh? But that’s me in a nutshell. I’m tired of wearing my mask and 2013-14 became the time for true authenticity and I’ll never put the mask back on. God likes me better this way, I’m sure of it!

Jill Reed SpryMay 30, 2014 - 12:40 pm

Just keep on keeping it real sister!

Julane McCarrellMay 30, 2014 - 12:56 pm

I agree with Jill Reed Spry…an “all of the above” option would have worked great for some of those questions! 😉 I’m Mama to an angel-baby, a sweet, mischevious 13-mo-old boy, and another baby-on-the-way. My husband & I really feel God leading us to adopt, but aren’t sure when. (Our families don’t even know yet that we plan to eventually pursue it.) We were just starting to talk to various agencies when we found out this baby was on the way (obviously putting all that on hold)! :-) I am a SAHW/M & keep busy chasing my little mess-maker 😉 , weeding the garden/flower beds, and general housekeeping. I also have a few piano students on the side. As far as what you “should” write about, that is completely up to you! I’ve enjoyed every post I’ve read! :-)

Jessie KachelmanMay 30, 2014 - 1:07 pm

I’ve become a regular reader of yours because I admire your love for God, your self confidence, and your courage to say what’s on your mind. I am married to a first year medical student, so I would love to hear more stories about how you and your husband survived that part of your lives. It really inspires me to keep pressing forward when I read about other people accomplishing their lifelong dreams, since sometimes it feels like right now my husband and I will never get there!

Lena GainesMay 30, 2014 - 1:36 pm

Nurse

Lena GainesMay 30, 2014 - 1:36 pm

What you are writting now is so inspirational!

April CheathamMay 30, 2014 - 1:48 pm

My greatest desire is to strive each day to live my life in service to the Lord, whether it be by serving my family or getting involved in the community around me.

Konner Blake DukeMay 30, 2014 - 3:10 pm

I’m a 15 year old trying to live my life for The Lord. He may take things away from me, but he has better things in store.

Konner Blake DukeMay 30, 2014 - 3:18 pm

I’m a teenager that tried to find the good in every situation, that loves helping people any chance I get.

Glenda VanceMay 30, 2014 - 4:02 pm

I am a retired teacher, mother of two sons, and grandmother to three precious little girls, and have been married to the greatest husband God could have provided for me for 40 years. I have been a Christian since I was 13. I love to help people and do interesting things for special needs in the community.

Mandy Melton GayMay 30, 2014 - 4:30 pm

I am a psych nurse who struggles daily with wishing desperately to be a stay at home mom. How much more I could give Kyle and Amelia if I wasn’t so emotionally and physically drained by the time I got home.

Casey MaddoxMay 30, 2014 - 5:36 pm

I’m current a stay at home mom with a very sweet and active 2 year old boy. Brian is about to start his second year of residency at Southampton hospital in New York. I struggle with being intentional and making the most out of our “now” situation. I feel like I keep thinking in the future: “when residency is done”, “when we own a home”, “when we don’t have to budget for every little thing”, etc.

Lesa Markum DavisMay 30, 2014 - 6:12 pm

Laura I learned of you from a friend of ours that requested prayer for your sweet family. I am a kindergarten teacher in a small rural school. I have been married 13 years to a wonderful guy I met on a blind date. We have one fur baby but are anxiously waiting for a phone call about adoption. The young birth mom is due any time. I really enjoy what you write because it is so applicable to my life and thought

Lesa Markum DavisMay 30, 2014 - 6:18 pm

I have really struggled through this adoption process. It is and always been my hearts desire to be a mom. It is something I want more than I want my next breath. I have questioned myself many ties in the past few days whether I heard God correctly and felt his leading. We finished home study but haven’t heard from mom in 7 weeks…nothing. So yeah I’ve felt anxiety, confusion, silence, anger, hopelessness and desperation all rolled up together. Just reading your posts have helped calm my soul for just a few minutes of peace.

Cassandra EricksonMay 31, 2014 - 12:15 pm

As you know I just love reading about how you are doing and I read to know how to pray for y’all! I love hearing about anything . You don’t need to tailed anything towards me but since you asked I have been struggling with contentment where I am bc I believe one day I will be over seas doing ministry. I strive my hardest to live the live God has given me in the states right now to the fullest. You know I love The Lord but I question a lot if I’m in His will even though I try to do everything prayerfully.

Kailyn DearingJune 2, 2014 - 3:56 am

Hi Lauren, I just wanted to tell you that I really enjoy reading your blog. I first started reading after you posted about finding a man who prays, and I’ve been hooked ever since. The Lord speaks so much encouragement and challenge through your words and I’m easily refreshed after reading your posts. I plan on doing physical therapy overseas after I graduate from grad school in a few years, so I enjoy reading about your life overseas and dream of what mine will look like one day. I also love your posts about spiritual life and challenges to pursue the Lord. I’m currently doing a 40 day challenge of my own (as I’m preparing for a mission trip to Asia this summer) and was inspired to do so after reading about your 40 day challenge. So, I just want to say thank you for writing as the Lord leads, and for being raw and honest in your writing – your readers feel more connected to you and the Lord definitely speaks to us through you!

Ashley Schmitt-MatzenJune 2, 2014 - 10:53 am

I have 3 babies, but only 2 of them are with us on earth. It’s been my hearts desire to be free of hypocrisy and show Gods love in the way they need it. I want my kids to see me as an authentic woman of God. My biggest fear is losing my family.

Beki WishartJune 2, 2014 - 7:27 pm

I’m a single missionary in Peru. My number one way of ministering is one on one discipleship. Some times it’s so discouraging. And other times it is the most amazing thing in the world. My desire is to help girls, I want to pass on the incredible blessing of truth that has been so faithfully planted in my life. Through so many different ways.

Kimberly Rowe WasherJune 3, 2014 - 4:00 pm

I wish I had the time to read through all of the comments as I’m sure I would agree with what others are saying.

It was very hard for me to pick just one topic. I love your honesty when you write! And I enjoy and am encouraged when I read any of your posts.

However, something that I struggle with the most is being a working mom. I have a strong desire to stay at home with my baby, but that’s just not feasible right now. My precious husband is working hard to get us there, but it might be years before it happens.

I’ve expressed this struggle on my blog and people were very encouraging, but I would love to hear your perspective if you have one. I’m not the type of person that can let bills pile up. I can’t imagine putting my loans on deferment. We, most of the time, stick to very strict budget, but it just seems like we’re getting nowhere fast.

Then I read/hear complaints. Complaints from moms who stay at home. Their kids are driving them crazy. They are behind on their housework and will be spending all day catching up because they decided to go to the park yesterday.

I know they struggle with different things than I do, but sometimes I’m just blinded by my own desires